Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Falling Short but Getting Success

So I fell short of my goal of 6 approaches and 6 openers on Tuesday. I made 4 approaches and openers 6 times. By approaches, I mean getting off my ass and going to talk to a women, by openers I mean actually having a conversation with a woman (not known by me). My first approach was when I was on my way to the gym, I had no idea of what I was doing. The problem was I had no end goal. I was just trying to achieve my goals so when it ended, all things that I should had done to close with a number or email came rushing into my head. The good thing about approach early in the morning, it laid the groundwork for the rest of the day and it actually boosted my confidence which got me thinking that I should approach or open all the time for the practice which might actually come in handy when I spot someone that strikes my interest. What I learned on Tuesday actually helped eased me today. It was a lot easier talking women, but I can't help wondering if this is still my backwards way of getting comfortable but not going in for the kill. I guess that makes what some would say incongruent. I'm setting goals to learn a part of skill and just learning that part of the skill instead of trying to put all the techniques together to enhance the skill. I seem to believe learning the techniques piece by piece is easier but it does not help with the end which is to end up with a date.

So my goal for tomorrow is to always close even if it might seem foolish. Helpfully the experience will put me or at least help me gain some more understanding of what I'm doing.





No comments: