Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Hibernation Isolation

It started off as just relaxing after Thanksgiving weekend and lasted seven days. For seven days I did my daily routine except for with very little human contact or engagement. The only person I spoke with face to face was a women at the gym in my building and all that was a simple "Hello". Granted I was not totally isolated because I spoke with friends over email, facebook, and over the phone, but for the most part it was just me.

Now, I was not sitting on my couch playing video games all day. I was actually quite busy. I was planning for Christmas and the inauguration. I was prospecting potential clients for next year. I was working the current projects that I have with clients and I finishing up a term paper.

I do have to say it was kind of relaxing. It was the first time in about two years that I was completely alone and it was very productive professionally and personally. It was not something that I set out to do, it just happened.

Now, with all that said. I can easily see how people get wrapped up in their world and in their heads. It is so easy just to sit at home and work, and in my case even go to the gym and with grocery delivery services, you could easily never step outside.

While convenient, it is sad. It makes me wonder if this is the reason why it is easy despite whatever random approach anxiety that I may have to talk to women.

Anyway, enough of my pondering. Hope everyone Thanksgiving went well. Chat with ya'll soon.





No comments: