Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Prize Thinking

I opened ten sets throughout the day. There was a trigger point. I was standing in line at Caribou Coffee. A girl glanced at me and I glanced back. I thought she was cute and also felt that she was really checking me out - I'm the prize I thought. I walked over and introduced myself, we had the quickest conversation about 45 seconds, nothing came out of it because I had no real plan.

I think I am like most guys you jump into this. Read everything and try everything. The thing is I have read some many different things that I really don't have any consistent method that I follow. Swingcat's book is great, but I think I read it at the wrong time without a full understanding. Yes, I'm a prize, but I am a man so I must approach. This is where I get hung up if I am the prize then why should I approach, why should I be social, why should I build/refine my identity, the act of doing these things actually means I am not the prize. Right? I do not think so. What I have come to believe is that in order to be the prize, I must do all those things and many more. It kind of like wishful thinking, if I do not take action then I can not be the prize.

So guess what I'm trying to say is action equals results.





2 comments:

AliG said...

you are the prize looking for an other great (female) prize. What is behaving more like a prize: 1. See how cool I am standing here paying no attention to the hot girls here or 2. I am a cool person and when I see something I might like I go after it to find out if it is something I like.

Sniper said...

Interesting comment Alig.

I agree with your comment.

It is almost like a catch-22. You have demonstrate what they want, but at the same time not give them what they want. You don't look but you approach.