Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Unexpected Compliment

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. I think I gained a couple of pounds. I did not get any real chance to sarge, approach, etc... because basically I was out with friends drinking.

I ran into an old friend of mine, BCharleston soon to be SHBCharleston, but right now definitely HBCharleston. HBCharleston and I have been friends for about 6 years. She is a gorgeous southern belle, but she has always been overweight. I ran into her Saturday night and did not recognize her so I ask about her change. She responded that in February when had last spoke, I said something to her that made her completely change her outlook on life. I was kind of confused so I asked what I said. She told me that the last time she saw me that she had blast, I was having a good time, meeting people, I looked great... and she had asked me what was going on with me and that something was different ... and that I responded that I was sick of taking up space that I wanted to be making the choices in my life.

I looked at her and said, "Was I drunk?" She said, "No"; and then said that was the reason she wanted to change her life and lose weight that she was sick of making excuses for herself and like me wanted to be making the choices in her life not just let things happen.

I just nodded my head. Finally someone that I know, gets what I have been doing. It's kind of ironic that a female friend would follow my example or some piece advice or wisdom that I have said, because 98% of my male friends will not even take an hour to go to the gym or just say hello to a girl that they have been talking about for an hour.

Anyway, it was good compliment.





No comments: